These guidelines apply to all members
Becoming a Member of Southport Food Pantry
- Membership is through referral process only. Places are allocated when referral agents have completed assessment of all applicants. There are limited places, when these are filled names will be placed on a waiting list.
- Members must be 16 years or over
- Membership to Southport Food Pantry is for residents who live within the Southport, Ainsdale or Formby area and/or have been referred by a partner agency (e.g. Southport Trussell Trust Foodbank, Christians Against Poverty, Southport Community Money Advice) and meet the following criteria.
- Health – An individual suffering a physical incapacity and/or mental health issues within the last 6 months resulting in temporary financial/emotional distress.
- Caring Responsibilities – An individual or household which has taken on caring for an additional family member from outside their household within the last 6 months, resulting in temporary financial distress
- Debt – An individual or household paying arrears or debts resulting in financial distress where the individual or household is in receipt of working age benefits or tax credits
- Fleeing Domestic Violence – An individual or household fleeing or having fled domestic violence within the last 3 months
- All members will be re-assessed on six month anniversary to ensure they still fall within the criteria set out by the Southport Food Pantry.
- Anyone accepted by the Southport Food Pantry will need to adhere to membership guidelines.
- There is only one membership for each household
- There are a limited number of memberships available and access to membership is dependent on capacity. When capacity is reached, a waiting list will operate.
- All members offered membership are expected to visit the Southport Food Pantry on a weekly basis
- Membership is non-transferable
- Members must NOT use services such as Southport Trussell Trust Foodbank once they are a member of the Southport Food Pantry
- Membership subscription is £5 per weekly visit
- Southport Food Pantry reserves the right to cancel or refuse membership. The reasons for doing so include if:
- members move away from the area
- members attempt to steal items from the Pantry
- members take food/items from the Pantry and give them to someone who is not in your household
- members attend the Pantry under the influence of drugs/alcohol
- members are found to be abusive towards Pantry or staff/volunteers, or
- members do not access the Pantry during a four week period
- Items taken from the Pantry are only for the consumption/use of members and those they live with and should not be given away to others.
- Membership and the criteria are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Monthly meetings with the Food Pantry Manager and partners will take place to ensure best use is being made of the pantry.
Using Southport Food Pantry
- Members should bring their own shopping bags – reusable bags are issued at your first visit to the pantry.
- Members can visit the Pantry once a week.
- Members cannot pre-order items and there is no guaranteed availability of any item week to week.
- Items on offer each week may vary subject to availability and whilst stocks last.
- Where products may be stocked past their best before date, with damaged packaging, labelling or with no labelling at all, it is the responsibility of the member to decide whether to take these products at their own risk.
- No photography or phone calls by members, volunteers or partners whilst in the Food Pantry. Alternative arrangements should be found.